OGx Consulting’s Operations Practice works with senior executives to help them solve their toughest and most complex problems by bringing an approach to executable strategy that combines deep industry knowledge, rigorous analysis, and insight to enable confident action.
Considering our extensive expertise in operations, we provide a level of operations proficiency unique to management consulting firms. We take a holistic view to operations to include operational excellence, integrated program management, and enterprise performance improvement. Combining deep functional skills and product, process, and service-industry experience, OGx helps clients build competitive and differentiating operations capabilities that deliver value while allowing companies to operate profitably and invest in the future.
Our Capabilities – How we can help you
We leverage a collaborative approach in working with our clients to help transform their operations. From strategy to execution, our experts bring an explicit, analytical understanding of strategic, tactical, and operational decisions and how they impact bottom-line results. We are known for reducing costs, managing complexity and risks, and improving performance. We are your quintessential partners in building competitive advantage.
Our Operation Consulting Focus:
Operational excellence is a philosophy of leadership, teamwork and problem solving resulting in continuous improvement throughout an organization by focusing on the needs of the customers, empowering employees, and optimizing existing activities in the process. We believe that Operational Excellence is a valuable differentiator because it enables a company to achieve breakthrough and measurable performance improvements by focusing on the levers that enhance flexibility and speed to market, quality and reliability, and customer value.
In order to help organizations achieve operational excellence, we have designed a comprehensive toolbox that can be tailored to support each client’s unique situation and successful outcomes. We accomplish this by focusing on:
- Lean transformation: To transform the way people think and behave within an organization to be more of a problem-solving mindset is no easy task and varies from industry-to-industry, company-to-company, and person-to-person. It requires discipline, investment and a belief that we can make things better. At OGx we have designed a proven lean transformational model that is guaranteed to accelerate business performance.
- Lean Business Process Re-engineering: In the 1990s, business process re-engineering (BPR) often got a bad name because of its single-minded focus on cost reduction and elimination of labor. Lean BPR approaches, in contrast, focus on increasing the quality of products, services, and processes. They change the value propositions offered to clients. By doing so, they alter competitive positions and change brand perceptions. Lean organizations are also more likely to increase employment because they offer a superior product.
- Lean Six Sigma: At OGx we are skilled at combining the speed and agility of Lean and the discipline and precision of Six Sigma to deliver breakthrough performance and sustainable results. Lean provides the platform and sets the core principles—focus on value from the customer’s viewpoint, eliminate waste, and pursue perfection. Six Sigma provides a precise problem-solving process that centers on hard data and measurements. When deployed properly, a Lean Six Sigma transformation is a powerful approach to delivering short-term process efficiencies while building longer-lasting capabilities. Both Lean and Six Sigma prompt the cultural and skill changes necessary to achieve the next stage of performance.
Integrated Program Governance & Leadership
Our approach to Integrated Program Governance and Leadership is to ensure the integrity of projects carried out under the direction of senior management by identifying the links between projects and monitoring the coherency of the overall program with general business goals.
The OGx program management experts benchmarked program-level capabilities, which led to new program governance and organizational structure, and a transformation plan to improve program control for our clients. We accomplish this by focusing on:
- Results Program Management Office (R-PMO): The success factors for large transformation programs extend beyond just strong project management capabilities. Today’s PMOs should look beyond process excellence and be accountable for business outcomes. This is called the Results Management approach. OGx R-PMO is a proactive management approach that provides effective support and ensures programs are aligned with the objectives of the business through development of strategic relationships with project stakeholders and inter-dependent functions.
- Project Portfolio Management: In today’s rapidly changing project environment, a centralized portfolio management approach offers many benefits. You get accurate, real-time information on each project; a “big picture” profile of the entire portfolio; sharper insight into resource needs; more effective risk management; and better use of capital. At OGx we help clients achieve consistent cross-project protocols for organizational framework, processes, procedures, governance, risk management, financial management, schedule and resource management, systems and technology, regulatory compliance, reporting, etc.
- Project & Program Management: Our clients are the ultimate owners of their strategies, programs, and projects – OGx acts as the extended arm that ensures management focus on strategy execution and the anticipated results are achieved. To ensure successful delivery of projects and programs, we drive project portfolio management, program status reports, and resource forecasting. We employ project management tools and frameworks to deliver successful projects, and facilitate and ensure communication to key stakeholders.
Operations and Performance Improvement
We help you review, improve and monitor the performance of your business operations to reduce costs and create a sustainable improvement of your services and processes. We address core business operations as well as corporate functions.
We help you manage your enterprise performance by using appropriate financial and non-financial information.
- Definition and implementation of KPIs – based on Strategic Review, e.g. Balanced scorecard;
- Definition of Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics support;
- Implementation of reporting improvement and measurement initiatives;
- Integrated information sourcing (financial, operational, competitive and marketplace).